Monday, August 1, 2011

93 weeks old

I would like to say that I have lots of cute pictures to post from our recent trip to Nashville, but I left my camera in the car. Trust me, you don't leave the other parent in a strange city with two roaming toddlers just for the camera.
We had a very nice trip down (Nashville is about 1 hour away). We are beginning to really like music and in particular Laurie Berkner. They make some of the animal sounds and I imagine it won't be too far off before they are singing right along with Mama. We love passing construction sites and semi-trucks. For the most part, the boys do well (I always have a fresh toy in hand).
Grandma and Grandpa Farnbach are coming tomorrow, so we spent most of our time at Trader Joes getting lots of extra fun stuff to eat. The boys will point out apples and bananas and talk (as best they can) about what they are seeing. It is great to see how many words they will try. Like any child, they loved the chicken nuggets and french fries that Joes was sampling today. Camden got a little restless towards the end, so the two boys pushed around the child sized shopping carts and loved it. I'm not sure how the patrons or management of Joes felt about it.
Being around all that food worked up an appetite and we embarked on our most courageous eating endeavor to date: The Cheesecake Factory. Camden can be somewhat grumpy if he is hungry and needless to say, he was a bear today. We were seated quickly and thank goodness we had a very understanding waiter- he was a twin too! The boys scarfed down their spinach dip while waiting for their other food. We knew it was going well when our happy Camden was back. It is, how shall I put it, an adventure to dine out with twin toddlers (I imagine it is quite an adventure with one child too). Really, I don't remember what I had or even if I ate. This can be a blessing and a curse, sometimes I really don't eat much expect their rejects and sometimes I eat a huge meal AND their rejects. I may come away hungry or STUFFED.
Greg says that we should really be monetarily compensated for the entertainment that we provide. Sometimes we should pay those around us for putting up with our antics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment